Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Gargyle Podcast - 60 Days of Halloween: Documentary Week

If you’ve listened to just about any of my podcasts, you know that one of the things that I love most about movies is analyzing them, especially when it comes to horror movies.  Horror movies reveal so much about humanity that just isn’t found in most other movies.  What terrifies us?  How do we overcome diversity?  Who are we when things are at their worst?  What are the horrors of humanity?  What are the horrors within ourselves?  Is the supernatural real?  These are topics that might be addressed in other styles of movies, but I feel like the horror genre allows these ideas to be discussed more fully because horror movies push boundaries and push us past mere entertainment.  So, with my love of horror movies and studying the human condition, it should be no surprise that I especially love horror documentaries.  Whether they be historical (looking more at some of the technical aspects of how a movie was made), analytical (looking more at the “why” of a movie), or human interest (focusing on people rather than film)...horror documentaries fascinate me on so many levels.

So join me as I discuss Monster Madness:  The Golden Age of the Horror Film, the Scream Queens episode of 100 Year of Horror, Best Worst Movie, Birth of the Living Dead, Vampira and Me, Nightmares in Red, White, and Blue, and The American Scream for Documentary Week!!

If you enjoy this episode, check back soon for more Halloween movie coverage in my 60 Days of Halloween.  Next up will be IFC Midnight Week!



If you enjoy movies, conventions, comics, games, cartoons, Star Wars, horror, or just about anything geeky...be sure to keep coming back for all things geekery!!  In the meantime, follow me here, on TwitterFacebookInstagram, and YouTube and be sure to subscribe to my podcast on iTunes and/or Google Play for more geek coverage!




music for The Gargyle Podcast by Bensound

No comments:

Post a Comment